Windows 10 Preview Build 10240 for PC Available for Download
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) in your computer, here is a good news for you. Microsoft has released another new update Build 10240of Windows 10 to public which comes with many bug fixes and improvements.
What’s New in Build 10240:
- No watermark (or build number) on Desktop. You can still know the build number using winvercommand.
- Performance improvements to Microsoft Edge (aka Project Spartan) web browser.
Unlike the previous Insider Preview builds which came via “fbl_impressive” development branch, this new build is downloaded via a new branch “TH1” (ThresHold1). TH1 development branch contains Windows 10 RTM candidate builds. So this new build 10240 is actually very close to the final RTM build.
The new build is available for download via Windows Update, so it’ll be automatically downloaded and installed in all computers running Windows 10 Insider Preview soon.
If you want to manually download and install the new build ASAP, you can do this using following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu.
2. Click on Update and security icon.
3. Once you open Windows Update section, it’ll automatically start checking for new builds. Otherwise you can click on “Check for updates” button.
4. Click on “Download now” button to start downloading the new update build of Windows 10.
After downloading the build, your computer will automatically restart to install the new update.
The download size will be around 2 or 3 GB depending upon the computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and system language.
If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of Windows 10 latest build for clean installation, you are out of luck. Microsoft has announced that the offline ISO files of Windows 10 Insider Preview builds will no longer be available for download.
Windows 10 users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability…